1) You don’t watch the weather forecast; you just look out the window.
2) You don’t need to identify a pasty as Cornish… (The Pasty Shop photos are at London’s Kings Cross Train Station)
3) A sign reads “Tour of Fowey is 11 o’clock — ish”.
4) Country roads feel like tunnels missing their roofs.
5) Flags are as black as ore with a white cross as white as tin… (Of course the Lands End signs are a clue also…)
6) You come to a beautiful beach like Porthcurno and wonder why it isn’t crowded.
7) Trees always lean to the east.
8) You know where the Gardens of Eden really are.
9) You ask local people where in the world they would go if they had all the time and money they needed and their answer is “right here in Cornwall”…
10) During the day you suddenly stop what you are doing and your mind goes right back to Cornwall… perhaps crashing waves below the Coastal Path above Port Issac; or the setting sun beyond the Atlantic horizon at Minack Theatre; or…
List compiled by Rod Smith and Karen Heady of Oskaloosa, Kansas, traveled with Dacey’s Cornish Tours from June 29-July 4, 2015