Every year we ask our guests to add their steps, to PLAY IT FORWARD and suggest things that fellow travelers could do or see to enhance their Dacey tour experience. There are some great suggestions and I thank all those who submitted their steps.
1. If you get the opportunity to see a play at the Minack. Go no matter what is playing
2. If you are a Doc Martin fan have a drink at the Crab & Lobster.
3. Be sure to walk down to the beach before the Minack play.
4. Pay attention to David’s stories.
5. Use your free time to enjoy all that is available.
6. In Exeter visit Cote Brasserie second floor, excellent view of the cathedral
7. Don’t think just because you are in England the weather will not be sunny. It can be hot and sunny all day. We had an awesome week of weather.
8. Get outside as much as possible and enjoy the incredible scenery and wonderful fresh air.
9. Pay attention to bus chats.
10. Walk the coastal path whenever possible
11. Walk barefoot St Ives beach.
12. Have the Hot chocolate at Tregenna castle St Ives.
13. Take the guided tour at the St Ives Tate.
14. Get a Pasty at Philips top of the hill Marazion (St Michael’s mount)
15. Discover the Red Parakeets in Hyde park, You can feed them in the late afternoon.
16. If possible, hear the organ at Truro Cathedral
17. Watch a football game at pub with locals
18. Have a least one 99 ice-cream
19. Watch a few episodes of Doc Martin and Poldark before coming.
20. Take lots of pictures.
21. Enjoy a Cream tea! Jam first!
22. Search for Aiden Turner.
23. Take the cliff top walk from the Long cross to Port Isaac, A tough walk but worth it.
24. Walk the street of Port Isaac searching for Doc Martin locations
25. Do the two mile walk with David at Lands End (well worth it)
26. Have a drink at the Longcross hotel and just relax
27. Shop for local arts in the small villages.
28. Drink lots of Cornish ale.
29. It’s a hike down to Port Isaac on the coast path, Challenging but awesome!
30. Walk and walk in Cornwall and take David’s advice to keep walking when you get home.
31. Believe in David magical powers!
32. Enjoy ice-cream at Ms Tschell Pharmacy Port Isaac.
33. Find Adam & Eve in Lanhydrock house
34. Sample all local seafood.
35. Sloop Inn in St Ives seafood platter for two!
36. Take time to look at the photos of the transformation of the Eden project.
37. Listen to the History about Lost gardens of Heligan, fascinating
38. Eat a fairy cake in Fowey
39. Spend time on the beach in St Ives.
40. Have Pint looking at the ocean in Charlestown.
41. Walk through the gardens at Longcross Hotel.
42. Take a swim @ Port Isaac
43. Patisserie Valerie in Exeter for cake and tea.
44. Walk in the gardens at Tregenna castle
45. Have dinner at the Longcross hotel delicious
46. Visit the bar at the old schoolhouse.
47. Join David for all the walks.
48. Eat dinners in the hotels.
49. Take in all the optional outings.
50. Enjoy each unique quirky hotel
51. Enjoy Cornish salted caramel ice-cream
52. Take a cliff top walk at Lands End and find a rock to sit on and stare out to the sea.
53. Walk up the steep hill to sit on a bench and gaze at Port Isaac from above.
54. Just hang out in the seaside villages.
55. Enjoy the drive on Cornwall roads through tunnels or trees, Peaceful and beautiful!
56. Go early to a show at the Minack so you can walk down the cliff steps to the beach and telegraph line to India spot.
57. Enjoy lunch at the Heligan café.
58. Drink local beers.
59. Bring supportive shoes to enable extensive walking.
60. When David says, “I’ll meet you for a walk.”- meet him for a walk
61. Paddle in the Channel
62. Take initial London walking tour with David.
63. Become familiar with some Cornish history
64. Bring wash clothes
65. Absorb the messages from the Eden Project
66. Take the shuttle in Port Isaac and St Ives you do not have to walk.
67. Enjoy a Cornish pasty in Marazion
68. Learn that flat paths are never level in Cornwall
69. Go down onto the beach and paddle or just walk along the shore, it frees your mind!
70. Eat at the Garden café St Michaels mount
71. Bring less Luggage
72. Visit Daphne Du Maurier centre Fowey
73. Visit Leach Pottery St Ives
74. Eat at the Seafood café St Ives
75. Eat at the Wreckers restaurant Charlestown
76. Explore the bakeries for new discoveries
77. Get up early to see the Sunrise in Charlestown or St Ives
78. Charlestown walk the coastal path to the coast watch for a chat with the guys volunteering.
79. Look out for local craft fairs when shopping in St Ives
80. Check out the walled gardens at Tregenna hotel
81. Visit the Mote House pub in Port Isaac and sit by the fire
82. Take advantage of all David & Harry’s advice then wander off to explore on your own
83. Bring a raincoat and ignore the weather
84. Have Chocolate Cornish ice-cream
85. Visit Madeline’s tearoom St Ives
86. Take all the opportunities
87. If you look you will see magic
88. Try clotted cream fudge
89. Eat Scallops and Mussels at Tregenna Castle
90. Keep climbing to the top of St Michaels mount, it’s worth it!
91. Dine in at Tregenna castle(hotel)
92. Tour the gardens at Lanhydrock
93. Take the jungle walk at Lost Gardens of Heligan
94. Have a drink in the Sloop inn St Ives
95. Look for beach glass St Ives
96. Eat and drink in the Golden Lion Port Isaac
97. Pay attention to crossing roads
98. Try to keep up with David on a stroll
99. Take a photo in front of Doc Martins house in Port Isaac
100. Drink in the view from the top of St Michael’s mount
101. Sit in a pub a mingle with the friendly locals
102. Watch a beautiful Cornish sunset
103. Wear hiking shoes to St Michael’s mount
104. Stand on the stage at the Minack theatre
105. Do not just walk up St Michael’s mount walk around and visit the gardens.
106. Chat with the shopkeepers in the small shops
107. Visit St Nicholas chapel in St Ives for great views of the Atlantic Ocean
108. Have Cornish Elderflower with a sliced lemon to drink at the Eden project
109. Attend a performance at the Minack theatre
110. Drink a Heligan Honey ale.
111. Walk part of the Port Isaac coastal path
112. Have a drink at the restaurant opposite the Tate gallery in St Ives
113. Then go down for a paddle in the sea.
114. Try something different each day like cream teas.
115. Come with some background knowledge of Cornwall.
116. Eat a Pasty, (or several) especially at the Minack.
117. Paddle at Porthcurno beach.
118. Visit the Barbara Hepworth House St Ives.
119. Check trip Advisor for where to eat in Cornwall/London.
120. Smoked haddock & Poached egg for breakfast Port Isaac hotel.
121. Try a Toffee Bun Muffin in Fowey.
122. Try the Mussels by the lifeboat St Ives!!! Heaven.
123. Try everything then nap.
124. Spend time at the old library St Ives.
125. Ignore the weather, just enjoy yourself the sun will come out!!!!
126. Fish & Chips and then Ice cream.
127. Have dinner at the Old school house Port Isaac, Wonderful!
128. Enjoy the scenery from the mini coach.
129. Take advantage of the hotel’s amenities (Swimming pool, Hot tub & sauna)